Mechanical Engineer (Operations Team)Amsterdam Operations
We are building up our Operations Department and are looking to recruit Mechanical Engineer. This is a critical function within the Operations Department delivering on safely and reliable functioning of all Mechanical Equipment (pipelines, valves, PIG traps, separators, waterbath heaters, HIPPS, gas metering stations, etc.) in our Russian landfall facility (LFR) or Turkish Receiving Terminal in Turkey (RT). You will provide discipline engineering expertise and leadership for Mechanical discipline and related equipment (valves, pig traps, pipelines, HIPPS, separators, gas metering ststions, waterbath heaters, etc.) during operations you will be part of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities. You will monitor Contractor’s activities and progress within his/her area of expertise. Therefore, Mechanical Engineering experience gained within the pre-commissioning, commissioning and operational phase of international gas projects is mandatory. You will report hierarchically to the Head of Above Ground Installations and functionally to the Head of Commissioning for activities related to commissioning and operations.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction and operations of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Organisation and supervision of all pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and operational activities, including repair and maintenance activities of the mechanical equipment located in LFR and RT executed by the Contractors;
- Coordination and supervision of Contractor’s engineering and design activities in their specific areas of control, verification and contractor supervision from the pre-commissioning, commissioning and operational point of view for the entire Project;
- Ensure availability and completeness of the design of the mechanical equipment (technical specification, data sheets, etc.) in compliance with the requirements of the safety rules, standards and operational manuals;
- Develop instructions, regulations, manuals and procedures associated with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, operation, maintenance and repair, decommissioning and conservation of the mechanical equipment;
- Interfacing with Company Partners, Contractors, Specialist Consultants and Vendors.
- Liaising with HSSE, QA/QC, CPI teams and other project Teams;
- Assuring Mechanical equipment pre-commissioning deliverables in accordance with Project standards/specifications;
- Prepare and approve in due course the requests (specifications) for supply of equipment, emergency stock, materials and spare parts for commissioning and operational needs, production needs, planned maintenance and capital repair;
- Monitor ongoing construction activities related to Mechanical Equipment;
- Supervise the selection of potential pre-commissioning, commissioning, operational and maintenance contractors;
- Perform technical documentation review;
- Acting as a technical focal point for Contractors with regard to pre-commissioning, commissioning and operational issues related to Mechanical Equipment;
- Coordination and resolution of engineering issues within the Project;
- Interface management across all Project phases with engineering contractors / design companies and partners with regard to engineering deliverables (vendors / engineering contractors);
- Project risk management supervision in own discipline area;
- Participation in the development of the specifications related to pre-commissioning/commissioning/operation related software;
- Managing technology development studies.
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- At least 10 years’ experience as Senior/Lead Mechanical Engineer in gas pipeline operator (onshore gas pipeline installation, gas plant construction, onshore gas facilities), preferably also experience in large gas pipeline project;
- Essential is solid operations experience with mechanical equipment related to the gas transportation industry. Good knowledge of the pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities is highly beneficial;
- Experience with Gazprom/Botas or gas infrastructure projects in Russia/Turkey would be highly desirable;
- Experience with high-end technology, advanced domestic and abroad foreign experience in the operation of offshore gas transportation systems and main pipelines;
- Knowledge of the following systems and equipment is required: Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS), Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), pipeline hydraulic simulation software (PPS), shutdown and control valves, valves instrumentation, HIIPPS, PIG traps, waterbath heaters, separators, gas metering stations;
- Experience with Emergency response planning and Emergency communication chart during situations;
- Experience with International, European, Gazprom/Turkish norms and codes related to pre-commissioning, commissioning and operations of the mechanical equipment in a gas industry;
- Knowledge of Offshore standard DET NORSKE VERITAS DNV-OS-F101 SUBMARINE PIPELINE SYSTEMS is mandatory as a main design code for the project;
- Fluent in English and Russian or Turkish – both written and oral is a must;
- General computer proficiency and good knowledge of the following programs and applications: – Word, Excel, and Power Point;
- Team player, ready to work in a multicultural environment;
- Good communication and leadership skills.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 47 26.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please note that Dutch working permit and residence permit is required.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.Apply