Technical DispatcherAmsterdam Operations
We're building up our Central Control room in Amsterdam and are recruiting for Technical Dispatchers. You will be responsible for control of the flow process of natural gas and transportation process in accordance with the set requirements. A good candidate would have a solid engineering experience with gas transportation via main pipelines as a dispatcher of a control room. The dispatcher shall be familiar with the operation of the main elements of gas transportation networks (compressor stations, valves, gas metering stations, gas distribution stations, automation systems - SGS, PCS, F&GS, etc.) and related dispatching activities. You shall be experienced with commination to the dedicated stuff of control rooms of downstream and upstream operators.
You will be ensuring that the required volumes of gas is transported on time without compromising the pipeline system integrity and that operating envelope is not compromised by the operating conditions of the pipeline system. You will be responsible for control of all operations activities (maintenance, repair, inspection, etc.) and for the actions during the emergency, ensuring reliable and safe operation of the South Stream Transport B.V. pipeline system from Anapa region in Russia via Black Sea to Turkish Republic. The main workplace is located within Central/Backup Control Room of South Stream Transport B.V. in The Netherlands. You will functionally manage all Shift operators of Receiving Terminal in Turkey (RT) and staff of all disciplines located at Landfall Facilities in Russia (LFR) and RT which appointed for the emergency response actions at LFR and RT in case of emergencies.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Organisation and supervision of all pre-commissioning, commissioning and operational activities, including repair and maintenance activities of the equipment executed by the Contractors;
- Coordination and supervision of Contractor’s engineering and design activities in their specific areas of control, verification and contractor supervision from the pre-commissioning, commissioning and operational point of view for the entire Project;
- Ensure availability and completeness of the design of the equipment (technical specification, data sheets, etc.) in compliance with the requirements of the safety rules, standards and operational manuals;
- Developing of instructions, regulations, manuals and procedures associated with the pre-commissioning, commissioning, operation, maintenance and repair, decommissioning and conservation of the equipment;
- Participation in the preparation of Interconnection Agreements (ICA) with upstream and downstream operators;
- Participation in a development of the technical part of Gas Transportation Agreements;
- Interfacing with Company Partners, Contractors, Specialist Consultants and Vendors;
- Liaising with HSSE, QA/QC, CPI teams and other project Teams;
- Assuring equipment pre-commissioning/commissioning deliverables in accordance with Project standards/specifications;
- Prepare and approve in due course the requests (specifications) for supply of equipment, emergency stock, materials and spare parts for commissioning and operational needs, production needs, planned maintenance and capital repair;
- Monitoring ongoing construction activities;
- Supervising the selection of potential pre-commissioning, commissioning, operational and maintenance contractors;
- Taking part in organization and control of commissioning of control rooms;
- Performing technical documentation review;
- Acting as a technical focal point for Contractors with regard to pre-commissioning, commissioning and operational issues;
- Coordination and resolution of engineering issues within the Project;
- Interface management across all Project phases with engineering contractors / design companies and partners with regard to engineering deliverables (vendors / engineering contractors);
- Project risk management supervision in own discipline area;
- Participation in the development of the specifications related to pre-commissioning/commissioning/operation related software;
- Supervising of the development and commissioning of SCADA, Pipeline Performance System (PPS), Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), Commercial Dispatching Application (CDA); Pipeline Integrity Management System (PIMS);
- Managing technology development studies;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Automation Engineering Degree connected with a main gas transport is a must;
- 8+ years of relevant gas transportation experience in dispatching, operation, additional relevant construction and commissioning experience in gas transportation system is advantage;
- Advanced proficiency of the dynamic processes with relevant modeling and calculations;
- Experience with International, European, Gazprom/Turkish norms and codes related to pre-commissioning, commissioning and operations of the gas main pipelines;
- Knowledge of Offshore standard DET NORSKE VERITAS DNV-OS-F101 SUBMARINE PIPELINE SYSTEMS is mandatory as a main design code for the project;
- Proficiency and understanding of SCADA functionality in pipeline system / Gas transmission operations to overview pipeline hydraulics, facilities and operations;
- Working knowledge / experience of evaluation and prevention of hydrate formation in the gas lines and deadlegs to the required operational extent;
- Working knowledge / experience of temperature control / fluid analysis and flow induced vibrations analysis to the required operational extent;
- Working knowledge / understanding of pipeline maintenance processes to the required operational extent;
- Working knowledge / understanding of using pig tracking and compositional tracking modules to the required operational extent;
- Working knowledge / understanding of liquid content evaluation in the pipeline as function of gas flow rate and arrival pressure to the required operational extent;
- Working knowledge / understanding of the performance and operation of pipelines, deadlegs, valves and process modules (compressors, pumps, coolers, anti-surge valves etc.) to the required operational extent;
- Be competent with major relevant offshore pipeline codes and standards: DNV, API, ASME etc;
- Previous experience working in international and multicultural environment as a plus;
- Fluent in English and Russian or Turkish – both written and oral;
- Very good verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be stress and crisis resistant, reliable and highly flexible adjusting to current workload.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Lucy van der Vlist on +31 20 262 45 00.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please note that Dutch working permit and residence permit is required.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.Apply