Translator/Interpreter Turkish-English-RussianIstanbul Translation/Interpreting
We are looking to recruit a Translator/Interpreter (Turkish-English-Russian) for our Turkish branch. You will provide Turkish-English and Turkish-Russian (and vice versa) written translation and verbal interpreting of all types of documents and topics required by the Company, including, but not limited to technical, legal, commercial, financial etc. In the Turkish branch, he/she will administratively report to the Head of Branch and functionally will report to the Senior Translator/Interpreter who is based in Istanbul.
As a subsidiary of PAO Gazprom, South Stream Transport B.V. is responsible for the construction of the TurkStream Offshore Pipeline.
The TurkStream Offshore Pipeline will start in Anapa, Russia, running over 900 kilometres through the Black Sea to the Turkish coast. The pipeline will help secure energy supplies to Turkey and South-Eastern Europe in a reliable and sustainable way. The Project will use state-of-the-art technology, materials and equipment, to safeguard the pipeline’s safe operation for many decades to come.
- Provide Turkish-English and Turkish-Russian (and vice versa) written translation (primarily) and verbal interpreting of all types of documents and topics required by the Company. The topics include but are not limited to technical, legal, commercial, financial etc.;
- Convert the original texts from one language into another, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained;
- Use all available sources such as specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used; liaising with colleagues in various departments to clarify/verify/cross-reference/ascertain the correct terminology; researching legal, technical and scientific phraseology to determine the correct translation; building up specialist glossaries;
- Use computer assisted translation tool (memoQ);
- Proofreading and editing final translated versions;
- Provide interpreting/translating services for company employees at locations other than Amsterdam office;
- Following ethical codes that protect the confidentiality of information;
- Support team-spirit while working towards common team and company goals;
- Strictly observe the safety regulations;
- Follow company policies and procedures;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree or an equivalent higher education degree in the English language;
- Excellent level of fluency in written and oral English, Turkish and Russian languages;
- 5-10 years experience in translating/interpreting on a range of topics including technical, legal and commercial;
- Strong communication skills;
- Experience within multicultural environments;
- Experience with a CAT tool (such as memoQ) is considered an advantage;
- Proficiency in common PC software (MS Word, MS Excel, etc.);
- Residing in Turkey with Turkish nationality and valid residence permit.
If you have any remaining questions regarding this vacancy, please do not hesitate to contact Esin Kurkcu on +31 20 262 49 31.
If you are interested in this job opportunity we kindly ask you to complete the online application and submit your CV and motivation letter in English. Applications without a CV and motivation letter will not be considered.
Please be informed that we do not appreciate acquisition calls/emails from third party recruitment agencies.Apply